The concept of Polished Concrete is prevalent in Europe and US and is now becoming more popular in the Middle East. The terms “Polished Concrete”, “Superconcrete”, “Superfloor” are synonymous and involves the following process:
1. Installation of Concrete or Polishable Self Levelling Overlay
2. Grinding of Concrete or Overlay with course diamond segments
3. Polishing of Concrete or Overlay with fine grit segments
4. Densifying and Sealing concrete using suitable impregnating sealers
5. Maintaining Polished Concrete floors using dust moping and periodic wax treatment
Polished concrete is considered a form of sustainable design flooring, as it utilizes a material that has already been placed. Polished concrete floors are considered low-maintenance, as they are more durable and easier to clean than many flooring options. Its high coefficient of friction can make it non-slippery. Polished concrete flooring is hard wearing and will not chip or dent like softer surfaces such as timber and tiles. Polished concrete is easily maintained with the use of clean water or a neutral balance PH cleaner. A concrete floor that has been hardened and polished will have an extremely long life expectancy compared to other flooring.
We have thousands of styles and colors to choose from